Polling District and Polling Place Review
6th February 2024
The polling and voting arrangements for the parish of Flyford Flavell, Grafton Flyford and North Piddle (hereafter called The Flyfords) Parish are being reviewed and feedback is sought and welcomed.
The Flyfords polling place is currently in St Peters Church in the village of Flyford Flavell. The Flyfords Parish Council have requested that this is looked at with a view to using the Flyfords Hall at Grafton Flyford. This is because the Hall has been refurbished and the Council are keen for it to be used to its fullest extent.
Notice is hereby given that in accordance with Section 18C of the Representation of the People Act 1983 Wychavon District Council to carry out a review of The Flyfords polling districts and polling place. It is currently St Peters Church in Flyford Flavell.
Electors within the area may make a representation. We invite comments from all electors regarding the convenience of voting at the polling station currently used for elections and would welcome suggestions for alternative sites.
The Council would also welcome the views of all residents, particularly disabled residents, or any person or body with expertise in access for persons with any type of disability.
Anybody making representations should, if possible, give alternative places that may be used as polling places.
Comments and representations may be submitted as follows:
- By post - Electoral Services, Wychavon District Council, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore WR10 1PT
- By email - [email protected]
All representations must be made by no later than March 8th 2024. The outcome of the review will be published by the Council later in 2024 and will be available for inspection on the Council's website or by application.
Anybody making representations should be aware that, upon completion of the review, all correspondence and representations received must, by law, also be published.
- Remain using St Peters Church. It is centrally located within the most populous part of the parish. However, there is no parking specifically for the church and disabled access is not ideal and was complained about at the election in May 2023.
- Use the Flyfords Hall – this is the village hall for the parish, recently refurbished with good parking and disabled access. However, it is situated in the smallest of the villages at Grafton Flyford, so not many electors could walk to it.
- Split the Parish so, for example, Flyford Flavell polling district goes to the Church, and North Piddle and Grafton Flyford polling districts use the Flyfords Hall.
- Other options could be possible and can be suggested as part of this review.
- "Polling districts" are geographical electoral areas into which wards and constituencies may be sub-divided.
- "Polling places" are the buildings or areas designated by the council where electors in a polling district go to vote in person.
- "Polling stations" are the number of issuing desks in the building or area that is the designated polling place.